Sign in to follow this  
Absolute Dominion

[vpn] Comprehensive Mudfish Guide

Posted (edited)

Comprehensive Mudfish VPN Guide

Disclaimer : This is a PAID VPN that requires optimal effort for the best results

Wondering how you can make your ping lower? Basic VPNs aren't working for you or just makes your ping higher? Well, the answer is here. Introducing Mudfish, probably the cheapest Gaming VPN solution with full network customization. How cheap? Minimum payment is only $3 for a pay-per-traffic plan that can averagely last you a couple of months depending on usage if you use it solely on Ragnarok.

Where to download :

You can download Mudfish VPN at this link and register through here.

How to test :

Mudfish gives out an approx. 10Mb data for you to test out if it works or not by confirming their email that will be sent to you. Install the software and make sure that you run it as an admin.

Configuring Mudfish for Darkside RO :

First step is to activate Expert mode by clicking the User button on the upper right and clicking on Edit Profile

image.png.8edf7639b568a1fc30f5a97add0788ed.png

Scroll down and click 'ON' for the Expert mode and click Modify at the bottom :

image.png.e0372dff753b3481fb56ed8987b3607c.png

Now you have to log out by clicking on the User button again, just log back in to refresh the new settings.

Once you've logged backed in, its time to configure DarksideRO's IP. Click 'Items' on the upper left corner then click manage items :

image.png.fa23ba7a8ef34673439ed8e2545b03e3.png

You should see a '+' button on the lower right and click on it like so :

image.thumb.png.4ded70477e09d154c1ecc2213be4dbe5.png

Input the necessary information as indicated on the screenshot below and click on 'Add':

Routing Path : 103.109.102.0/24

RTT Check IP : 103.109.102.250

image.png.6c8613de838820c71f96a6a9ce2d503c.png

You should be returned to your homepage after adding DarksideRO information. Just click on it again :

image.png.8abe7fbf6d3e8e3dd3947bee835c5477.png

image.thumb.png.0fab84cffea72fcae9de2814adef31ee.png

Modifying appropriate server nodes for Darkside RO :

- The server is currently located approximately in Quarry Bay, Hong Kong which is at the southern island of the country. So now we have to target HK Asia servers. Now, depending on your country of origin and ISP, each server node give different results, the target here is to find which is the best for you.

[Basic Mode]

-image.png.ec8e1e464659a8aa6f95cc3ba456a40a.png

- For starters, lets do Basic mode first, simply choose a server from HK Asia then click on 'Save' at the bottom of the screen. You should return to your homepage, and just click on Connect :

image.thumb.png.bcce2bf96e4c3d6e6c5af9ab41e6102f.png

A load screen should appear and if ran for the first time, Windows Network settings, just click on Apply/Agree.

How to know if it works? 

open your Command Prompt and type in "ping 103.109.102.250 -t"

image.png.a8e46fab3da9590429411fbecb03dbc8.png

Check if it lowered from your original ping. Check through different nodes to find the lowest one and if there are any reports of "Request Time Out" that means its a no go and you should switch nodes.

[Advanced Mode]

- This works best if you're not located in South East Asia since you can configure where your router hops go. To simplify, your data crosses through different server hubs jumping from one to another until it reaches the destination host server then back again. With Mudfish, you can somehow control this to have it avoid jumping through dead / crap servers or simply not go through it lowering your ping.

As an example :

A player from New Jersey can have his data go through (Home -> New Jersey -> Illinois -> Colorado -> California -> Taiwan -> Hongkong (Destination))

With a fine tuned Mudfish configuration, it can go like (Home -> New Jersey -> Central State -> California -> Hongkong) please note that less router hops means less ping jitter (amount of difference from your lowest and highest ping).

You have to make router jumps yourselves since this requires geographic information and is very specific on the user thus I can't really cover this with a guide.

PS : If you want to have yours tailor fitted, you can contact me through Discord (Tinne#7211) but I'll be charging in-game currency for the service. Payment first with a return guarantee if it doesn't work. You can always report me to GMs if I ever scam you anyways 😛 . Action will be done through full control Team Viewer. Included in this service is when we change hosts in the future, I'll still configure Mudfish for you.

*If you play mainly on Wi-Fi, results are unnoticeable due to default modem's security measures on changing connection status via wireless connections. I can only help those with wired connections.

People I've configured Mudfish for :

Streamer PPL Gaming from Eastern US from 260-280ms to 190ms

GRF guild member from Vancouver from 200-210ms to 140-150ms

Mafia member from Oregon from 250-260ms to 140-150ms

Mafia member from Los Angeles, CA from 180ms to 135-140ms

Mafia member using Globe ISP - completely removed ping spikes & rubber banding

Exile member from Edmonton, Canada from 290ms to 158-161ms

Note : I'll update this if we ever change hosts again and if additional information should be required.

Edited by Absolute Dominion
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Thank you again! Will pin this and post in our discord! 

Angaz ka br0

It was a quick process. Thanks again for lowering it down from 295ms to 160. Highly recommended. 🙂

feels like doesn't work for me. i having packet loss same as my ping 50+ms. but thanks anyways i leave a heart

2 hours ago, Neferpitou said:

feels like doesn't work for me. i having packet loss same as my ping 50+ms. but thanks anyways i leave a heart

You just have to pick the best node. Try switching nodes 😉

+1 here. our middle east 357 goes 251. 🙂  But still it worked!  @Bot back to LA? 🤣🤣🤣

Can't seem to login when I've done this. Anything I'm doing wrong? I've got a good ping test after setting up all the settings.

19 hours ago, Hipster said:

Can't seem to login when I've done this. Anything I'm doing wrong? I've got a good ping test after setting up all the settings.

Had this happen with one client, there seems to be an issue with your chosen node and our server host so just simply switch nodes, there should be a similar node with minimal differences (1-5ms difference) which is highly negligible in-game.

1 hour ago, Absolute Dominion said:

Had this happen with one client, there seems to be an issue with your chosen node and our server host so just simply switch nodes, there should be a similar node with minimal differences (1-5ms difference) which is highly negligible in-game.

Thank you for replying! I've been experimenting with different nodes in HK, JP, and SG but I still can't seem to connect. Maybe I need to check on this more. Any advise on a good node I can use?

When you connect using mudfish for the first time, it should prompt for a network setting for windows. Try forgetting/deleting that network and connecting again and make sure that your setting is set to private.

Posted (edited)

Just to add, you may also use P:DarksideRO.exe as Routing Path - this way you dont need to change the IP address in case the server changes host.

Edited by Gowueld
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, darkhold018 said:

update for new server? Thanks 🙂

Already in LA, CA. New IP for mudfish: 104.194.8.127

are you choosing "auto select" for the node guys? thanks

image.png.a3470b88af81ae5890f87976c670ce3d.png

Correct config for the new LA Host as of Sept 15, 2020.

PS : The host is popping out abnormal numbers and it'll be hard to use the auto config & ping feature since it returns 1700+ms as a result figuratively. You'll have to ping check each node one by one to find the best node for yourself. With Converge as my ISP and being located at the northern part of Quezon City, Japan's CoNoHa 6 seems to be the best and stabilized since I was able to pop 6 Bowling Bashes per second under it.

PPS : I DO NOT play anymore. I just wanted to update this thread since I've gotten like 8 PMs from new people about it. 

• Like 1