Welcome to DarksideRO Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sandbox

Balancing The Economy (Phase 1)

68 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, banj said:

Putting credits like 15b in enchantero per enchant of armor makes also a lot of credit burn for sure, since it is the same as the price of enchant scroll and 15b is not that easy to earn.Many players wanted to enchant their equipments to make them stronger but supply and hoarding of mithrils are one of the problem.

I agree with this, maybe u guys can put it for a limited time, like only for a week(until next update). So people will burn that creds

51 minutes ago, agavesin said:

I agree with this, maybe u guys can put it for a limited time, like only for a week(until next update). So people will burn that creds

Then no one will use enchantero for the meantime, hahahahaha :high2:

Edited by Lmao

Just my 2cents from an economics student. There isn't a whole lot server admins can do to balance the economy. 

Sure, there are the few things you can do to 'help' mediate a bit. But at the end of the day everything comes down to the players. Supply and demand is everything. Being new to this server, I'm very happy to see that the Darkside RO staff are looking to fix problems that players are addressing. You guys are awesome, keep up the good work!

In all honesty, guidelines don't mean shit if you won't be enforcing it. Let's all be honest here, EVERYONE wants to make easy money. Posting guidelines and expecting everybody to follow out of the bat is plain wishful thinking.

What I suggest is to have players that are selling OP items get punished and have fake buyers a.k.a flakers get the same treatment.

Tbh, this is gonna be hard since this is enforcing on a players freedom on selling an item on the price he wants it to be. 

how about making quest for vh dragon set which is bound so non donor do have choice .

if you tell me that it will make the server donation down .. dont get me wrong .. most of us player dont stick to one character
in that way donator will still be donating if they do want new vh set and want easy life ,,  since donator makes the server alive i think lets give donator much of an advantage . bound vh drag set dont have upper slot and cant be enchant with stats so still donator have some advantage through the donate item..and also in this the hoarders will think twice if they will still hold that items if the latter can have much cheaper choice which is attainable through quest.. items like vh drag set price is going up since its exclusive to those who can donate, players who hoard vh set before the newbies came in this server in that  zeny farmer dont have choice but to follow the price of those who holds it. right?

and  i think also it will make attract more newbie players since they can achieve donate like items through quest .additional to df weapons / varmor etc.
and if i do have any suggestion lets make the items requirement hard like put some cdrops boss drops and hell of mats but of course please choose mats that is newbie friendly and zeny requirement like 30b per part or if not 30b zenny make it c drop which cost that much .. 
and the price of all the gathered mats must be at least 80-90b which is good competition to vh donate sets .. what i see through this is that vh price might drop up to 120-130b which is considerable favorable for those who want donate vh  .. 

and also quest is what makes people play more in this server ...

but in this i cant rest assured that costume donate items will drop price .. but its not an issue here since players who want only to play will just use simply the available costumes that is cheaper but efficient .. in my opinion 200-300m costumes are good price since these are liesures of those old player who play long enough.. it is only their reward through hardwork and long playtime in this server ..

hope this one helps ...
more power Darkside:ic::ho:

Edited by Prodiuz
so much grammatical error

I see the point of putting SRP on donation items but how can you be sure that it would be followed? Is there any sanction for those who go beyond the SRP?

Lowering of token zeny may cause of much higher selling of cdrops.  1st of all non of the seller now not selling cdrops.  2nd i think koe points and woe points of item make it lower to buy it low cost. .3rd no one selling a dt because they know set of donation item is much higher than selling dt . For short its hard to control the economy because most of the player is very rich the only thing you do is to farm farm farm

5 hours ago, エールイスト小胞体 said:

I see the point of putting SRP on donation items but how can you be sure that it would be followed? Is there any sanction for those who go beyond the SRP?

then they will monopolize or wont sell will hold the items if :D players are smart aswell the idea is good but kinda hard but lets see whats gonna happen

6 hours ago, bertzkie said:

Lowering of token zeny may cause of much higher selling of cdrops.  1st of all non of the seller now not selling cdrops.  2nd i think koe points and woe points of item make it lower to buy it low cost. .3rd no one selling a dt because they know set of donation item is much higher than selling dt . For short its hard to control the economy because most of the player is very rich the only thing you do is to farm farm farm

People would opt in for CD instead of Zeny when claiming token points thus increasing the supply. 

Yes it is hard to control the economy of the server but it's better than doing nothing at least we're working on the issue. 

8 hours ago, エールイスト小胞体 said:

The SRP is a mere guideline on the price of the items, rest assured we'll have plans regarding sanctions. 

This idea may be a hit or miss, I actually expect to get down voted into hell for this. What about an npc that will add 1 extra Stat for like 1-5b each up to like a max of 30? I mean think about how much zeny we would drain out of the server from those Stat whores like me :) just an idea. 

Edit: to add onto the idea so it's not op, make it so no more then 10 can be placed in any given Stat. 

Edited by DR4LUC0N

50 minutes ago, DR4LUC0N said:

This idea may be a hit or miss, I actually expect to get down voted into hell for this. What about an npc that will add 1 extra Stat for like 1-5b each up to like a max of 30? I mean think about how much zeny we would drain out of the server from those Stat whores like me :) just an idea. 

I don't think that's a good idea just because the server is already balanced as is with the minimal stats given through donations/customs.

The good thing about the enhancer is the fact that it's RNG most players will spend billions to get the +1-3 preferred stat as is.

If everyone can get the stats then it's even playing ground. 1 Stat in str for a melee would equal 1 Stat in dex for a bow user. Now once again it's an idea. Maybe make the price higher and the stats lower. I love the down vote from someone. I can tell they take things at face value instead of think about it or maybe add onto it. @KimchiSlayerX *wink wink*

14 minutes ago, DR4LUC0N said:

If everyone can get the stats then it's even playing ground. 1 Stat in str for a melee would equal 1 Stat in dex for a bow user. Now once again it's an idea. Maybe make the price higher and the stats lower. I love the down vote from someone. I can tell they take things at face value instead of think about it or maybe add onto it. @KimchiSlayerX *wink wink*

Lol wtf I don't down vote people, you said it was an idea and I respect that. But your idea sounded like it revolved around the idea as a money sink. I already see using credits for the current system suggested already being a money sink, but garunteed stats seems a bit too much. But who knows everyone else might see eye to eye with either of us

Just now, KimchiSlayerX said:

Lol wtf I don't down vote people, you said it was an idea and I respect that. But your idea sounded like it revolved around the idea as a money sink. I already see using credits for the current system suggested already being a money sink, but garunteed stats seems a bit too much. But who knows everyone else might see eye to eye with either of us

Also the problem with aes systems it's all player traded, we need the money to go back into the server regardless. So I sell you the aes that I farmed from nothing, you give me money which means I can save those credits and not put it back int the server. So it's actually more effective then aes system. Also yes its a money sink that also gets credits off the server. 

Do a promotional 1 week enchant using hard credits @ 1500 credits per attempt.

Lower zeny rewards on in-game events such as WoE rewards.

Think long term solutions as well. Overall credits in the game right now is absurdly high and having less stock of it will most likely reduce overall prices.

Lowering the zeny intake would do minimal. What you need a zeny sink. A new event/quest NPC, possibly limited timed. That uses zeny to do certain quests(important and appealing quests).

Or a Slot machine kind of thing, where people will gamble to get minor prizes(supply boxes) and a very awesome major/grand prize with 0.01% to get, and only exclusive for that gambling NPC.

Not sure if it has been pitched before. I didn't back read sorry if it did.

Edited by HARIGATO

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

+2 +2 +2 +2 +2 +2 +2 +2 +2

GO IMPLEMENT GM THE BRIGHT IDEAS GO GO GO LEZ GAWW

6 minutes ago, HARIGATO said:

Lowering the zeny intake would do minimal. What you need a zeny sink. A new event/quest NPC, possibly limited timed. That uses zeny to do certain quests(important and appealing quests).

Or a Slot machine kind of thing, where people will gamble to get minor prizes(supply boxes) and a very awesome major/grand prize with 0.01% to get, and only exclusive for that gambling NPC.

Not sure if it has been pitched before. I didn't back read sorry if it did.

There is Lotti and Gambino already with that purpose sir.

36 minutes ago, Vox Populi said:

Well, how did that go for the server? You guys still made this thread right? That means it's not working. You need better rewards or better (schemes).

Zeny sink is de wei. 

1 hour ago, Vox Populi said:

Maybe add more exclusive skins rather than already present ones so people are more inclined to go for them or spend more in gambling.

The thing with zeny sinks (gamble/if there's NPC credit enhancer) is the rich probably will still hoard their credits, while the poorer will buy them/use them as a way of getting rich quick through luck, the unicorns dream.

32 minutes ago, KimchiSlayerX said:

Maybe add more exclusive skins rather than already present ones so people are more inclined to go for them or spend more in gambling.

The thing with zeny sinks (gamble/if there's NPC credit enhancer) is the rich probably will still hoard their credits, while the poorer will buy them/use them as a way of getting rich quick through luck, the unicorns dream.

Doesn't matter if they hoard, since they won't be in circulation. It's the amount that's getting passed around everyday to go away. If they hoard the credits, then it sounds like they have nothing left to buy and will probably rot in their storage.

IMPLEMENT THE RULE BUT PLEASE CREATE SUCTIONS SO PEOPLE WILL FOLLOW. +1 +1 +1 

How about sell items worth credits thru npc?

Option 01:

1.0 Kage Hat
- let's say in the normal market price, it is worth 30c. how about sell it in an npc worth 30c also? in this way, the buyer would buy it in an npc rather than buying it on a player that might sell overprice for it.
-this would force the player who sells kage hat to lower their price since there's a npc who sells at a fixed price.

Question 01:
How about those rich people? they will just buy on the npc and let those poor people quest without gaining credits after all their hardwork?

Answer:
First of all, we all wanted to have a fixed price for the items. this shall serve as our reference to prevent those who are selling overpriced. if you mind about those rich people who will tend to buy npc, well this will burn more credits to the server.

poor people? i think they are also included in selling overpriced items. why? come on guys, after hunting an hour,days, week, months you will give me such credit like this? nah nah naaah! i will sell it higher because of my hardwork!!! hahaha.

of course donate items will not be part of the proposed npc.

Option 02:

1.0 please do consider my other proposal that those next quest items for the next update will be composing of 70-80% zeny + 20% items. this will also be a reference for the buyer.

please disregard again if none of this will help.

thanks a lot!

Make Credit Agent Passport last 2 months pls. Not worth doing the quest, honestly T_T you spend like 200+m to convert 10b zeny, ain't worth it xD

(To make Gold Room a viable way of earning zeny for newbies, make gold price go up to 200k again pls)

Edited by xern